Baguio City served various purposes. A school called Collegio del Santissimo Rosario was opened in June 1915 but closed two years later. It reverted to being a vacation house for the Dominicans.
During WWII, Dominican Hill suffered extensive damages. Reconstruction was done in 1947. Diplomat Hotel acquired ownership in 1973 and converted it into a 33-bedroom hotel that closed in 1987.